Attendance at all lectures / practicals / tutorials / tests / assignments / examinations is compulsory
for all subjects. A learner, who is not regular in attendance or fails to carry out his / her work to the
satisfaction of the Principal, is liable to cancellation of his / her terms.
The learner who do not have minimum required attendance of 75% of actual lectures / practicals / tutorials / tests /
assignments conducted in each term or do not show satisfactory progress in terminal / preliminary examinations will
not be sent for college / University examinations.
Periodical tests / assignments / seminars are compulsory for the learner of all classes.
A learner who remains absent for the periodical test / assignment /examination due to his / her illness shall be
required to submit the medical certificate, along with the application endorsed by parent.
A learner who remains absent for three consecutive days is required to submit a leave application duly signed by
his / her parent / guardian.
Learners who are not permitted for the University Examination will not be re-admitted to the college.
II. Instructions to Candidates about Examinations:
Be in time. A candidate who is late by more than 30 minutes shall not be admitted to the examination hall
No candidate shall be permitted to leave until half an hour is over after the question papers have been distributed.
Enter on the title page the class, subject, section and seat number.
Write on both sides of the page, unless instructed. Rough work should be written on the left hand side or on a
separate page. Answer each question on a new page and number it.
No pages shall be torn off from the answer-book given to the candidate.
Nothing shall be written on the question paper.
Exchange of written materials, stencils, mathematical instruments, etc. is strictly prohibited. Ask the supervisor
in case any thing is needed but do not leave the seat on any account, at any time do not leave the examination hall
during the last ten minutes.
A candidate is liable to disciplinary action for use of unfair-means e.g. if he / she
Ten minutes before the close, a warning bell will be rung, after which no candidate will be permitted to leave the
hall. At the second bell, all must stop writing and be ready to handover the answer booklets to the supervisor.
Keeps with him / her any book, notes or any other written material.
Speaks to or communicates, in any other way with another candidate.
Disobey any instructions issued by the senior or junior supervisor or is guilty of rude ordisobedient behavior.
Any use of unfair-means during the examination is liable to severe penalties as per the ordinance.
- Learner should always wear their valid college identity card whenever in the college or should be produced whenever
demanded by any of the college staff. No learner is allowed to enter in the college premises without valid identity
- In case of the any problem, personal or academic, learner should report to the respective class teacher or
faculty in-charge or the Principal who will help them to solve their problems.
- Every learneris responsible to the college and should take utmost care of the college premises / property. Any
damage done to the property of the college is to be compensated either individually or collectively.
- Any damage to the college building, furniture and fixtures by the learner shall be treated as breach of discipline.
- Learner are advised to take care of gardens, plants, flowers etc.
- Learner should observe good punctuality. Appropriate action will be taken against late comers.
- No committee or organisation of learner is permitted in the college.
- Learner will not be allowed to bring any outsider with them in the college but in special case parents or any
outsider may be allowed with prior permission and valid reason and entering the name on the gate register.
- No person, other than college staff, can be invited to address any meeting or to participate in the
college activity without prior permission of the Principal.
- Learner are not supposed to loiter in the college corridors or college premises.
- Learner are expected to be seated in their respective classrooms at the stroke of the first bell and wait for the
teacher. learner are to make use of the library / reading rooms during free periods.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the college premises.
- If the conduct of any learner is detrimental to the college, the Principal may ask the learner to leave the
college without assigning any reason. The Principal's decision is final in this regard.
- No learner shall collect any money without the written permission of the Principal.
- Discipline and good behavior are expected from the students at all social gatherings and celebrations at the
- No notice shall be put on the notice boards, including black boards without the written permission of the
Principal or the faculty members authorized in the matter concerned.
- Learner shall not organise picnics, excursion trips etc., on their own, without the written permission of
- All activities, meetings, gatherings, picnics, hiking, etc., will be organised only with prior written permission
of the Principal.
- The powers relating to the disciplinary action in the college will with the Principal and his decision in this
respect shall be final. Any one who violates the code of conduct will be severely dealt with.
- learner are not allowed to make complaints in a body or present any collective petition, but they are welcome
to present their case, if any, individually.
- All the circulars, notices related to examinations and other programmes etc. are displayed on the college notice
board. Concerned students will be held responsible for the loss, if they failed to read the notices.
IV. Behavior and Conduct:
- Learner are prohibited from doing anything inside or outside the college that will interfere in college
administration or affects its public image. No outside influence, political or any other should be brought into the
college, directly or indirectly.
- Courtesy and respect must be the key aspects of learners' behavior. Disrespect and disobedience
may result in disciplinary action, involving suspension or even expulsion.
- When the teacher enters the classroom, the learner must rise, remain standing still they are directed to sit down.
When the attendance roll is called, each one must rise and give the presentee.
- learner are expected to greet all visitors and members of the staff with respect. They should always remember that
the college is judged by their conduct. Any major breach of discipline and courtesy, as also disrespect for the members
of the college staff, will be treated as serious and responsible students for such misbehavior will be summarily
- Scribbling on the walls and desks etc. should be avoided. If any learner is found scribbling the walls / desks,
disciplinary action shall be taken against him / her.
- All learner are responsible to the college authorities for their behavior both in and outside the college both
individually and collectively. Any reported or observed objectionable conduct outside the college on the part of the
learner shall render them liable for disciplinary action.
- Congregating on the road in front of the college or at the entrance of the college creates a bad impression on the
passers and therefore, is to be avoided.
- Learner are not expected to sit on the steps of the staircase or on the steps of the portico of the college.
- Learner have to park their vehicles at the parking shed only. Movement of vehicles in the college campus shall
be in a moderate speed only.
- Throwing about waste paper, defacing the walls and committing nuisance on the college grounds are punishable
- Learner must not join any club or society or make any engagement that would interfere with their academic schedule,
without the prior permission of the Principal.
- Learner are not allowed to play in any team against the official team of the college.
- Learner are forbidden to organise or attend any meeting within the college or collect money for any purpose from
learner and outsiders or to circulate among the students any notice or petition of any kind or paste it on the college
notice board without the written permission of the Principal.
- The college is not responsible to goods, valuables or money lost in college premises. It is advisable not to bring
valuables to the college.
- No books (other than text books or reference books or library books), magazines etc. may be brought to the
- All should be particular about cleanliness of the college. They should use the baskets and bins specially
- Habitual idleness, late coming, willful disobedience or misconduct, individually or collectively will be
seriously dealt with.
- Learner suffering from diseases declared infectious by a Registered Medical Practitioner and which requires
quarantine or segregation will not be permitted to attend the college without being certified as cured by the
same Medical Practitioner.
- Any learner who is persistently insubordinate or is repeatedly or willfully mischievous or is guilty of
malpractices in connection with examinations or has committed an act of serious indiscipline and / or misbehavior,
or who, in the opinion of the Principal has an unwholesome influence on his fellow learner may be suspended from
the college for specified period or even expelled from the college.
- Insubordination and indecent language or conduct are sufficient reasons for the dismissal of the learner.
- learner should switch off the lights, fans etc. when not required and also while leaving the classrooms /
laboratories / library.
- Learner should make themselves familiar with the college rules and regulations concerning them and also with the
regulations and notices issued by the college from time to time.
- Learner joining the college are, by that very fact, deemed to accept and observe all the rules and regulations
of the college to the entire satisfactions of the college authorities.
V. Mobile Phone:
Bringing of Mobiles within the campus is strictly prohibited as per the University norms. If any Learner found with
mobile, the mobile set shall be forfeited and strict action shall be taken against the Learner.
VI. Dress Code:
- The college does not enforce a dress code for traditional courses like B.A., B.Com. and B.Sc. All these Learner
are expected to observe decorum to enhance the image of the college. However T-shirts without caller or having any
pictures or slogans and multi-pocket trousers or pants are strictly not allowed.
- Learners from speciality programmes like, B.Com. (Accounting & Finance), B.Com. (F.M.), B.M.S.,
B.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.Sc. (Computer Science), B.Sc. (Information Technology), M.Sc. (Biotechnology),
M.Sc. (Computer Science), M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry), M.Sc. (Microbiology) are subject to dress code.
VII. Ragging is Prohibited:
Government of Maharashtra has notified ragging as a cognizable offence. Any one reported to be involved in any form
of ragging will be severely dealt with. Therefore Learner are advised to restrain from indulging in any form of ragging.
Attendance and Grant of Terms
Attendance of earner is regulated by 0.119, 0.120 and 0.125
a. Ordinances 0.119, 0.120
The explanation issued by the University wide circular no. UG/235/98 dated 03/07/1998 relating to0.119 says that -
“For granting of terms, attendance of 75% of theory, practical and tutorials(where ever prescribed)
separately will be required, out of the total number of lectures, practicals and tutorials conducted in the term”.
b. Ordinance 0.125
It states that “To keep a term at a college or recognised institution, an undergraduate Learner must complete to the
satisfaction of the Principal or the Head of Institution, the course of study at the college or institution prescribed
for such terms for the class to which such undergraduates then belongs”.
- Learner who fail to maintain the condition of minimum attendance on account of bonafied illness, or any other
reason which is deemed right by the Principal, should apply in writing to the Principal, for leave of absence, prior
or within two days from the date of commencement of such leave, failing which they will be treated as defaulters.
- All applications for leave of absence along with medical certificate, if any, should be submitted to the Principal
and not directly to any teacher.
GENERAL RULES PERTAINING TO ATTENDANCE
Learner who request leave of absence from lectures / practicals / tutorials for participating in sports, cultural `
Avishkar' research convention or any other activities on behalf of the cooege should submit the application
countersigned by the respective teacher incharge.
All decisions pertaining to grant of terms will be decided by an Attendance Committee duly constituted by the college